Monday, May 16, 2005

Winds cross the land at a mere 5km/h as I type ... Sticky ...

It has been quite a period of time before I last blogged. How depressing! Nevertheless, this is my final reflections on the sabbaticals and will include a conclusion. OK, I am thoroughly sorry for my neglect of this blog, though it has only been a short period of around a few days. [Sony TV sits in a corner of my living room]

Day 4 was a total rush kind of thing because the next day, Day 5, was our assessments, in other words, tests.

First lesson was teaching us on informing and persuading someone by using the right register. What is register? Definitely not the class register that you probably are thinking of now. It is referring to the correct attitude that one should have when facing different people. The general spirit of the people was quite positive. The activities posed were unimaginably fun (bit of exaggeration here) and for one, I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson. This teacher is totally understanding about her students' needs. Before, I must have mentioned the teacher that gave us many jokes that were funny not witty. Ah well, her lessons have always been well-liked and she has a strong grasp of the topics she would be covering. She is also very soft-hearted. The lesson, which started like 10 minutes early, ended approximately an hour before we were officially supposed to be let off! So we had a 2-hour break in which I, tempted once again by the notion of indulging in SSB, played it! At least this time I did not lose so badly to Tian Ci (will mention him in detail sometime later) as before.... [A press of the controller, the television lights up...]

Next lesson, a lesson on presentation, effective ones and ineffective ones and how to write them. This lesson was a tad too boring for its subject-matter. Presentations were not bad, we had this game in which we could do everything we shouldn't do... added a bit of life into the session. Nevertheless, there were worksheets after worksheets on what we will write in the introduction (the head), the body and the conclusion (the tail). There was quite a fair bit of useful knowledge provided during that lesson and deep down, I feel that the lesson was not too bad after all. Overall, I absorbed a lot of information that really aided me in getting my speech done for the next day's mini test.

Last lesson was just a recap of what we should wear - formal (long-sleeved top with collar and cuffs, long pants that went beyond the ankle, a belt, a tie that was to be tied the next day, socks and shoes) . What was emphasised was also the need to match the colours... imagine coming as bright as a rainbow! Then we had greater details on how the proceedings would carry out the next day and voila, we were let off at 1300 hours, full of energy for speech-writing. (though I stayed back along with about 10 other people to watch the previous batch of pupils whom took this sabbatical speak in order to make myself fully aware of what I had to expect). [TV plays a musical melody, like the sound of waves lapping on the shores that were coming out from the shell/conch]

The following is just a last paragraph on the assessment in which there was not much to talk about, in my point of view. [Family members laugh loudly - show must be a comedy]

Assessment was fairly smooth sailing and I was totallyreading from the script. Sitting in an air-conditioned Secondary 4 classroom can really make you doze off yet I did not, how similar to all the other people. We had a short 5 minutes toilet break and I took over keeping of time. Dressed with a white top and black pants, I was indifferent from other people. We all (almost) looked like people attending a wedding. All good things must come to an end, we were released at around noon and I really enjoyed the entire sabbatical, too fruit-bearing to let go. Anyway, I also got a fairly good mark of 4 cps for EL (why couldn't it be on Literature). So I released a great breath and here I am, though I am a few days late, typing out my reflections and personal accounts. [TV blares Singlish talk, am really in fear that the neighbours might lodge a complaint]



6:13 pm;
I made my mark

loST iDeNtiTY


-=|chaos|=-

I stand in between both mediums; slashed, tortured, LOST.

chitter-chatter



guys.

archives




random.

Powered by BloggerValid HTML 4.01 Transitional