The sandy dunes of time rush past our faces...
Hello once again! I know that I have not blogged for a long time already. Thanks to all those people whom have benn keeping my tag-board up and active!
What has happened between my last post that was dated 20 June 2005 and today, Saturday the 9th of July? Well, quite a lot, I have to say.
First, I think I mentioned about a training camp. Well, it so happens that I went for this particular training camp with some of my other peers in the same consortium as me, iSpark. The purpose of the 4D3N camp was to once again (you know, all the courteous stuff) bond the councillors together and to train the new Councillors-in-training to know the basics. Some of stuff included public speaking, which I had already had an in-depth lesson on (sabbaticals) and how to write out different proposals and action plans. All in all, it was the seniors teaching the juniors and it turned out to prove successful. We learnt a lot in those four days. Besides learning stuff, we also had recreational time within the chalet at Pasir Ris which included sports like swimming, basketball, captain's ball and obviously not missing soccer and tennis. Also, on the third day of the camp, we had the chance to visit Downtown East, in which I spent most of my time in X-Square. (During our rest time and times when we finished stuff earlier than expected, we sneaked up back into our rooms and started playing card games - Tai-ti, Bridge, Bluff and Vingt et Un (Blackjack in French)).
Second, school reopened much too soon. Not too long after we said "bye" at the school gates were we saying "hi" or "good morning" again at the classrooms. With school comes school homework and stress. Stress? Most of it was pressure on the upcoming exams in Week 3 (next week) and the Projects Day Semi-Finals 2005. We (Zong Xian, Ning Yu and me) were really hard-pressed for our IRS project and were doing rapid last minute work. To add up to the pressure, we were unable to find the common lot of teenagers at Orchard Rd. In the end, we had to use three days to complete surveying a hundred teenagers at various locations - Orchard MRT, Cineleisure, Heeren and MOELC. In the process of surveying, we met one of our old classmates cum friends - Edmond at The Heeren. Cool...
Thirdly, with the release date for Halo Multiplayer Map Pack set for July 5, I scrimped and saved up for it. The result? 9 beautiful maps and some short animations + interviews with the developers.
That's about all! I know that my website is a little run down so I might spend some time making sure everything works like clockwork. Thanks for the support!